The new addition of the Acquisition Directorate’s news letter, “Delivering the Goods” (pdf), is available here.
It is an informative issue. There are stories about
- Developing the infrastructure to accept the first 18 Webber Class Cutters–6 to Miami, 6 to Key West, and finally 6 to San Juan
- The 35 foot “Long Range Interceptor” LRI II boat for the National Security Cutters
- Rescue 21 maintenance contract
- Expected completion of the 110 Mission Effectiveness project. (Only 17 of the 49 (now really only 41) will get this treatment.)
- There is a note about installation of the “Watchkeeper” software for inter-agency operations centers
- A profile of the C-130 project manager
- And, Master Chief Ayers talks about Coast Guard interest in small Unmanned Air Systems, particularly Scan Eagle.