NavyRecognition provides us some information on a new class of Russian nuclear powered Icebreaker. They are, to say the least, huge.
- Length: 209 meters (686 feet)
- Beam 47.7 meters (156 feet)
- Draft: 13 meters (43 feet)
- 120 MW (160,923 HP) (More than twice that of the Polar Star)
- Power will be provided by four props on conventional shafts.
They are planning to build three. It is claimed they will be able to break ice 4.3 meters thick and be able to continuously break two meter ice while making 11 knots. They are expected to cost 70B rubles, or about $1.04B US.