Business Insider brings us a look at five “Special Operations” forces employed by non-DOD organizations.
- FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team
- Coast Guard’s Maritime Security Response Teams
- DEA’s Special Response Teams
- Dept. of Energy’s Special Response Teams
- CIA’s Special Operations Group
What I noticed in the descriptions of these groups, is that the Coast Guard’s qualification process is the longest, “almost 18 months,” while the other four groups seem to rely heavily on recruiting former military special operations force members. DEA’s course is only two weeks in addition to prior training.