Photo: Adm. Kurt W. Tidd, SOUTHCOM
Since pretty much all of SOUTHCOM’s ships are Coast Guard, might be good to know what he is thinking. Military Times reports on Admiral Tidd address before the Association of the United States Army’s forum on June 6. He talked about five key concerns:
- Great power competition is happening down South.
- Terrorist groups are fundraising in our backyard.
- Terrorist recruiting and attacks are happening in the Caribbean.
- SOUTHCOM has responsibility for one of the world’s key transit points, the Panama Canal.
- The Syrian refugee crisis isn’t the only such crisis having regional effects. Just look at Venezuela.
Read the full article linked above for more detail.