I am providing a copy of an ALCOAST found linked on Vince Patton’s Facebook page (Thanks Vince).
ALCOAST 013/19 – JAN 2019 UPDATE TO EXPANDED CGMA LOAN LIMITS AND PROCESS
U.S. Coast Guard sent this bulletin at 01/18/2019 05:14 PM EST
R 181702 JAN 19
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-1//
SUBJ: UPDATE TO EXPANDED CGMA LOAN LIMITS AND PROCESS
A. ALCOAST 434/18 COAST GUARD MUTUAL ASSISTANCE (CGMA) AVAILABILITY DURING THE LAPSE
IN DHS APPROPRIATIONS
B. ALCOAST 012/19 EXPANDED LIMITS TO CGMA LOANS DURING LAPSE IN APPROPRIATIONS
1. This notice announces a further increase to Coast Guard Mutual Assistance (CGMA) interest
free loans. As donations continue to pour in to CGMA, we will continue to evaluate the maximum
amount that a member may borrow. There is no limit to the number of loans that a member may
request from CGMA; only a total loan ceiling.
2. Updated total limit for CGMA lapse assistance interest-free loans:
a. Up to $1500 for personnel with dependents;
b. Up to $1000 for personnel without dependents;
c. An unchanged condition is that if individual circumstances dictate, any person may apply
for funds in excess of the established limits (a-b above). They must personally visit a local
CGMA representative to complete the full application process.
3. Procedures: Procedures for both requesting a loan and recoupment remain the same.
4. Current lapse in appropriations information can be found at: http://www.dcms.uscg.mil/budget,
this site contains authoritative documents, Frequently Asked Questions, an interactive mailbox,
a Resources Guide, a helpline, and other useful information. As always, CG SUPRT is available to
help (1-855-CG SUPRT (247-8778)) https://www.cgsuprt.com/.
5. For more information on how to receive assistance, please see your local CGMA representatives.
6. RDML Matthew Sibley, Acting Assistant Commandant for Human Resources, sends.
7. Internet release is authorized.