The “2021SEA-AIR-SPACE (SAS) GLOBAL MARITIME EXPOSITION” is scheduled August 2-4. In addition there is a two day “Prequal” July 20-21, a STEMEXPO August 1, and a Transition Connection onsite job fair on August 4 (Coast Guard day)
It appears the Coast Guard will be well represented at the event. The Commandant and six other Coast Guard flag officers are expected to attend.
Below is the ALCOAST announcing the event.
R 231708Z JUN 21
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: 2021 SEA-AIR-SPACE (SAS) GLOBAL MARITIME EXPOSITION
1. The annual Sea-Air-Space (SAS) Global Maritime Exposition will be held 1-4 August 2021 at the Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center, located in National Harbor, MD. SAS was founded in 1965 as a means to bring the U.S. defense industrial base, private-sector United States companies and military leaders together for an annual educational, innovative, and professional event located in the heart of Washington, DC. Sea-Air-Space is now the largest maritime exposition in the U.S. and continues as an invaluable extension of the Navy League’s mission of maritime policy, education, and sea service support.
2. This year’s exposition will feature U.S. Coast Guard senior leaders participating in panel discussions on Arctic domain readiness; Indo-Pacific security strategy; cybersecurity; diversity and inclusion; illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing; COVID-19 response; and more. This event will provide USCG participants professional development opportunities with the most up-to-date information regarding the current state of the defense industry as well as a vision of the future. Dynamic luncheon and keynote speakers will provide members an open forum to fully disclose up-to-the-minute information relevant to CG missions which will improve CG processes and ensure we set the conditions for a better CG future.
3. In conjunction with Sea-Air-Space 2021, the annual Navy League STEM Expo will also be held at the Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center on Sunday, 1 August. Anyone attending SAS is welcome at the STEM Expo.
4. Subject to command approval, attendance is allowed at no cost to the government. Supervisors should ensure attendance aligns with an employee’s primary duties. Employees who wish to attend for personal interests may use annual leave, accrued compensatory time off or earned credit hours (if available), or leave without pay. Commands outside the National Capital Region may submit no-cost permissive orders for military members who attend.
5. Registration information and exposition details are available on the SAS website:
(Copy and Paste Below URL into Browser)
There is no charge to attend SAS for Coast Guard military members or Coast Guard civilian employees.
6. A shuttle will run from Coast Guard Headquarters to SAS and back on a regular basis Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the exposition. The shuttle schedule, parking rates, and other logistical details are available at the SAS website.
7. Uniform is Tropical Blue or equivalent for uniformed attendees and business professional for civilians.
8. The COMDT (CG-0923) POCs are Ms. Allison Lane, 202-372-1196, Allison.Q.Lane@uscg.mil or LCDR Emily Brockway, 202-372-4641, Emily.H.firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. RDML M. W. Raymond, Acting Director, Governmental and Public Affairs (CG-092), sends.
10. Internet release is authorized.