Below is a press release. For some reason it did not come with the usual header identifying point of origin, just the email address, U.S. Coast Guard email@example.com. Nice to see some emphasis on professional development.
Media Advisory: U.S. Coast Guard Academy to commission the Maritime Center of Excellence
Who: U.S. Coast Guard Academy and Coast Guard Academy Alumni Association
Speakers available for comment:
- Rear Adm. Bill Kelly, 42nd Superintendent of USCGA
- Andrea Marcille, President of USCGA Alumni Association
- Greg Mella, Vice President, Corporate Director of Sustainability and Principal Architect, SmithGroup
- Tilak Subrahmanian, Vice President of Energy Efficiency and Electric Mobility, Eversource
- Bob Laurence, Manager, Energy Efficiency, Eversource
What: A behind the scenes look at the Maritime Center of Excellence (MCOE), prior to the official opening ceremony at 4 p.m.
Why: The MCOE is the first LEED-certified major construction project to update the Academy’s 90-year old campus. Its presence will transform the landscape of the waterfront campus, and help young women and men from across the country develop a liking for the sea and its lore.
Where: USCGA waterfront 31 Mohegan Ave., New London, CT 06320
When: Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2022 at 1p.m.
How: All interested media should contact USCGA Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 857-5544 by Tuesday, Oct. 11 at noon.
A valid ID will be required for entry onto campus.