The following ALCOAST is quoted directly with minor reformatting to better fit the page..
R 020955 AUG 18
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-9//
SUBJ: SOLICITATION FOR RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT TEST AND EVALUATION (RDT&E) IDEA SUBMISSIONS
1. The RDT&E Program is calling all Coast Guard Innovators to submit new potential project ideas for the FY20 R&D portfolio! Do you have a creative or innovative idea that could help address a current operational challenge or improve mission effectiveness? Now is the time to share them! All active duty personnel, civilians, contractors, and key stakeholders are encouraged to submit. Please check out our current portfolio and website here:http://www.dcms.uscg.mil/acquisition/rdte.
2. We will be collecting ideas through the CG_Ideas@Work website (https://cg-ideasatwork.ideascale.com), the Coast Guard’s idea crowdsourcing platform. You can submit your ideas directly to: https://cg-ideasatwork.ideascale.com/a/ideas/top/campaigns/21252. You can also upload a video (up to 1 minute in duration) to accompany idea submissions. If you do not yet have a CG_Ideas@Work account, you will need to register using your ‘.mil’ email address. If you are unable to access the idea submission form, you can submit your idea via email to: email@example.com. Be sure to include the title, the problem statement, operational impact, and your contact information.
3. The deadline to submit ideas for the FY20 Project Portfolio is 12 September 2018. Submitted ideas will be reviewed and ranked according to their potential impact on CG missions; regardless of funding, feasibility, or policy. Stakeholders from across the service will meet 17-18 October 2018 to conduct the annual Idea Submission Review (ISR). ISR rank-ordered results are critical to the process of building the annual RDT&E Project Portfolio.
4. POC: Ms. Alexandra Swan, COMDT (CG-926), at: 202-475-3056 or Alexandra.P.Swan@uscg.mil.
For any questions or assistance with CG_Ideas@Work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. RADM M.J. Haycock, Assistant Commandant for Acquisition and Chief Acquisition Officer, sends.
6. Internet release authorized.