Just passing this along in case someone with something to add may have missed it.
ALCOAST 398/18 – NOV 2018 2018 HURRICANE LESSONS LEARNED
U.S. Coast Guard sent this bulletin at 11/28/2018 07:32 AM EST
R 280722 NOV 18
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//DCO/DCMS//
SUBJ: 2018 HURRICANE LESSONS LEARNED
1. Recent hurricanes have underscored our imperative to be ready to respond in times of
crisis. To remain ready, relevant, and responsive in an environment of ever-changing
priorities and emerging needs, we must collect candid and detailed lessons learned.
2. To improve future incident response and recovery efforts, the Deputy Commandant for
Operations (DCO) and Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS) have opened a
discussion on CG_Ideas@Work to quickly capture this information. Please use the
following link to share your lessons learned. We are eager to receive your input,
regardless of rate, rank, or grade:
3. This discussion is not intended to supersede the official Hurricane Lessons Learned
collection on CGPortal, but rather provide a means to rapidly share ideas,
innovations, and lessons learned directly from the field to allow for accelerated
collaboration and communication across geographic areas and mission domains, while
knowledge is still fresh.
4. Preserving and institutionalizing the lessons learned from these major response
efforts will be invaluable to Coast Guard operations in future times of crisis.
All members are encouraged to participate!
5. For any questions please contact the Coast Guard Innovation Program Manager,
COMDT (CG-926), CDR Michael O’Neil at Michael.P.O’Neil@uscg.mil or 202-475-3049.
6. VADM Daniel B. Abel, Deputy Commandant for Operations, and VADM Michael F. McAllister,
Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, send.
7. Internet release is authorized.