Photo of a model of Halter Marine’s Polar Security Cutter seen at Navy League’s Sea-Air-Space Exhibition have surfaced. Photo credit Chris Cavas.
Just passing this along for those who might not normally get the word. Should be some interesting information coming out of the expo less than a month from now.
R 102106Z MAR 22 MID200001573619U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: 2022 SEA-AIR-SPACE (SAS) GLOBAL MARITIME EXPOSITION
1. The annual Sea-Air-Space (SAS) Global Maritime Exposition will be
held 04-06 April 2022 at the Gaylord National Resort and Conference
Center, located in National Harbor, MD. SAS was founded in 1965 as
a means to bring the U.S. defense industrial base, private-sector
United States companies and military leaders together for an annual
educational, innovative, and professional event located in the heart
of Washington, DC. Sea-Air-Space is now the largest maritime
exposition in the U.S. and continues as an invaluable extension
of the Navy League’s mission of maritime policy, education, and
sea service support.
2. This year’s exposition will feature U.S. Coast Guard senior
leaders participating in panel discussions on the Arctic domain
readiness; Indo-Pacific security strategy; cybersecurity; women’s
leadership; illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing; energy
and climate response; and more. This event will provide USCG
participants’ professional development opportunities with the most
up-to-date information regarding the current state of the defense
industry, as well as a vision of the future. Dynamic luncheon and
keynote speakers will provide members an open forum to fully
disclose up-to-the-minute information relevant to CG missions
which will improve CG processes and ensure we set the conditions
for a better CG future.
3. In conjunction with Sea-Air-Space 2022, the annual Navy League
STEM Expo will also be at the Gaylord National Resort and Conference
Center on Sunday, 03 April. Anyone attending SAS is welcome at the
4. Subject to command approval, attendance is allowed at no cost to
the government. Supervisors should ensure attendance aligns with an
employee’s primary duties. Employees who wish to attend for personal
interests may use annual leave, accrued compensatory time off or
earned credit hours (if available), or leave without pay. Commands
outside the National Capital Region may submit no-cost permissive
orders for military members who attend.
5. Registration information and exposition details are available on
the SAS website:
(Copy and Paste Below URL into Browser)
6. There is no charge to attend SAS for Coast Guard military members
or Coast Guard civilian employees.
7. A shuttle will run from Coast Guard Headquarters to SAS and back
regularly Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the exposition. The
shuttle schedule, parking rates, and other logistical details are
available on the SAS website.
8. Uniform is Tropical Blue or equivalent for uniformed attendees
and professional business attire for civilians.
9. The COMDT (CG-0923) POC is LCDR Emily Brockway, 202-372-4602,
10. RDML M. M. Dean, Director, Governmental and Public Affairs
11. Internet release is authorized.